Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 1: Traveling to Chile

Today was the first day of my plus 3 Chile experience. Last night, I traveled back to Pittsburgh. We had an all group meeting and then had a delicious dinner at The Porch. I was so tired after dinner that I pretty much went straight to bed once I got back. 

Then, this morning, we all met in towers lobby at 9:30 to go to the airport. It was a cramped ride on the 28X, but we all made it to the Pittsburgh airport on time. We then had a flight from Pittsburgh to Dallas. 

I was so amazed at how big the Dallas airport was. It was a tough decision just where to get dinner since there were so many options. We eventually decided and then had many hours to explore. I spoke to my parents one last time before we boarded. 

The flight was at night, so in theory I should have been able to sleep easily. However, plane cabins have never been good for my sleeping habits, so I was up most of the night. Luckily, this meant I got to see the Andes mountains as we flew into Chile early in the morning. 

Even though I didn't get much sleep on the flight, my excitement for this trip is serving as an alternate source of energy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment